Happy hump day amigos! Another one of my 2014 resolutions is to learn to make more things, food things included, hence Carmen Cooks (… and sometimes bakes and makes drinks), aka CC, asbamd! Haha…
If you’re having a hard week then this might just be the post for you because today I made a ridiculously easy and simple Bloody Mary and I’m going to share my recipe with you!
- Tomato juice (I used one small Heinz can, 5.5 fl oz)
- Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper, Chili power (optional)
- Bacon (or celery… or shrimp… or all three!)
- Mix the tomato juice and vodka (my ratio was 3 oz tomato juice : 1 oz vodka)
- Add a dash of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce (but you can always add more to taste)
- Add a pinch of s&p and chili powder (this can also be adjusted to taste)
- Garnish with bacon
- You’re supposed squeeze some lemon in but for some reason I just don’t like the taste of it… Maybe I’ve been adding too much.
- The vodka-infused bacon didn’t actually end up tasting that good after sitting in the drink so I would recommend serving the bacon on the side. Yumm.
This is just a super simple recipe with the basic ingredients of a Bloody Mary but it does the trick! I would love to learn how you make your Bloody Marys so leave your recipes in the comments 🙂
So that’s it for today! Go ahead and make your drink, then come back here, get comfy, and watch Bo Burnham’s comedy performance What (linked below). Be prepared to end your Wednesday with a laugh!